August 2, 2013

Five for Friday {August 2}

 

fiveforfriday2

It is August.. and in my world that means it is time to go back to school! I am enjoying my last few days of summer. I go back on Wednesday and my little ones come next Friday. Ouch! I all ready miss summer!

Five for Friday is a random five things from the week .. post your five items on your blog and link up below.


1. Stocking the Freezer:

003

I spent a few afternoons this week stocking the freezer with a few things to help when school starts back. I did this last summer but I did  more this time and hope that it will help. I made a few casseroles and prepped meats to be ready to cook. I also heard that you could freeze peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I made a few- and we will see how those turn out!


2. Sight Word Prep:

004

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have been working at school this week and one of the things I did was get my sight words prepped for the year. I did this last summer and I knew it was something I wanted to do again. It is so nice to just pull out the words for each week rather than having to copy them each week. I send home the weekly words on flashcards that I copy on colored cardstock. So, I go those ready and also the weekly checklist/assessment that I give. All copied, filed in order and just waiting to be used! I use my sight word unit incase you are wondering.

003005010


3. Back to School Math Books:

004

I am looking forward to using these little mini back to school math books with my first graders the first week of school. I made copies and got them ready too. These are also in my store: Back to School Math Books

016

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
4. Working in my room:
 
009
 
Just like the rest of the teacher world, I have been working hard to set up my classroom. I really tried to clean out and throw away some stuff. I have too much. 

004

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It amazes me every summer how many buckets, plastic containers, baskets, etc.. I have! And, somehow in the middle of the year I cannot find one to save my life! 


5. Doodle Bugs Paper giveaway:

teacherstickers

I am giving away 2 sets of teacher stickers on my Doodle Bugs Paper blog. Click the picture above to hop on over and enter!


Post your Five for Friday and Link up Below! Enjoy your weekend!

22 comments:

  1. Oooo!! I love all of those cubbies under the window! They are the perfect height! I am headed over to check out your giveaway now! Thank you! :)
    Amanda
    Mrs. Richardson's Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I think the same darn thing about those containers every June! Where do they go during the school year!?! I guess we just have THAT much stuff to fill them. Love the new FFF button!!

    Megan :)
    Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. So smart to freeze some dinners before things get crazy busy. I always mean to - thanks for the reminder! Thanks so much for your email recently - I will be replying today! Love the giveaway!

    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...you're officially making us all look bad. You got sooo much done this week! Enjoy your last Fridya of summer!

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Idea to stock your freezer! I saw a pin on pinterest with freeing actual meals to be prepared. This would be a great idea for a family of 5 like mine.

    Goodluck this school year!

    Erica
    Shepherd's Shining Stars

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stock up pile in your freezer! I wish I could get on the ball at my house as much time I spend in my classroom.

    You start the same time I do so good luck this school year!

    -Bagby
    Math Madness

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've been busy :) Glad to see Five for Friday back! We'll be linking up next week!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm setting up my new room and was thinking the same thing about containers! Freezer meals are a great idea.

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went on a freezer meal kick last year. Prepping is a pain but when it comes time to cook, it makes things SO easy! Glad to see this is back!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm getting ready to tear it up in my room starting Monday! I'm glad to see that we'll be together in Room Decorating Spirit!

    Thanks for the Linky Party! Love it!

    Kimmie
    http://kimmieskindergarten.blogspot.com
    kimmieskindergarten@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! I am so excited Five for Friday is back!! Love the new button too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love linking up with Five for Friday! I've been thinking of starting to prepare freezer meals to help with dinners during the school year. I've just never gotten around to trying it out.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a good idea, stocking your freezer! What meals did you prepare??

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I had ROOM in my freezer to stock up on meals. Such a great idea!

    Thanks for the linky party! Missed it while it was away. I love the new button!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the blue wall in your classroom. It makes it look so happy! I feel you about storage containers. My counter (which runs the WHOLE length of my CR) is currently completely covered with boxes and crates. Yet, I never seem to have enough when I'm trying to arrange things. I don't understand how that happens =)

    -Amanda @
    Teacher at the Wheel

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to make some freezer meals. I was pretty good about it during the school year, but need to be better this year. Where did you find most of your meals? I found a bunch of Pinterest, but I'm always looking for new ideas.

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to do something with my sight words as well. I'm the teacher that is frantic on Friday testing and finding new lists :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so excited to leave a comment on your page. I just started blogging in April, and I didn't know how to do a linky party so I used to do my own Five For Friday. Needless to say, I know what to do now so once school starts, I'll add my link, too! You sure got A LOT of responses - wow!

    ReplyDelete