September 13, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. September 13}

fiveforfriday2

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.

This week has flown by. It also took 23 days.. but the first grade germs have attacked me! Yuck! I have been fighting a cold since Wednesday. And, I am ready to feel better. Being sick definitely makes you appreciate the days you feel good.

My first graders are amazing! Seriously, every day I wonder when something is going to go bad. They are a smart, smart group.

Here are just a few things we have done this week.

 

Counting by 5’s:

002

And, when counting to 100 is so easy.. why not count to 300! No problem.. they got it!


Months of the Year/Days of the Week:

004

We have been sorting, reading and ordering the days and months of the year all week. These apple cards are part of my Fall Pocket Chart Unit


010

We made these Pete the Cats. This project has been sitting on my desk since the second week of school {we are on week 5} and we finally had a few extra minutes to squeeze it in. We worked on them for several days. These patterns came from Deanna Jump but I don’t think she still has them available. {The people in Pete’s world made us pull all Pete items off TpT.}

011


Patterns:

016

We worked on some easy patterns using unifix cubes this week as an early finisher activity.

018


Unscramble sentences:

032

We have been unscrambling sentences in small groups or with a partner using cards for the last two weeks.. but this was the first time they had to do it by themselves on paper. They did great! These sentences are part of my Short A Practice Unit.

 

Happy Weekend! Link up below…

 

20 comments:

  1. I think I may actually have 6 things...hope it's okay! I tried to put your button on my blog but it wouldn't work. Not sure if it's a blogger thing that's going on or what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better! Love the "unmentionable" cat! ;-)
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love unscrambling sentences!! Your "cat" activities are ADORABLE!

    Bridget
    Literacy Without Worksheets

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first week as a blogger and when browsing through the teacher blogs there seems to be a lot of hype about 'five for Friday'!

    Finally it's a friday and I could do my first five. It's such good fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! My first 5-day week of the school year DONE, and my first-ever Five For Friday Linky! Thanks so much for hosting! I'm very impressed at what your first graders are accomplishing! :)

    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting. :) I linked up but somehow it's not popping up, but it says it's been added... Here's the link: http://ilovemyclassroom.blogspot.com/2013/09/its-friday.html

    Love your "cat"!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I don't know why my logo isn't centered. Makes me sad:(

    Mrs. Tretbar’s Library

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that I purchased Deanna's Pete unit before she had to take it down. LOVE that Pete!

    Jill
    ABCs and Polkadots

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to get some of these Pete the Cat books, at least for Keagan. They look so fun! Hope you start to feel better soon!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your week! Also, love how you did the sentence scramblers in small group. I bought the entire set from you and I've been trying to figure out a good way to teach them how to do these! Duh...small groups!! :) thanks!!!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for all the great ideas from your week! Love your Pete's!!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting a great linky party. I just linked up for the very first time! I'm so excited to be part of this party!
    Najda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linked up (a little late - sorry)! I also mentioned one of your freebies in my post. Thanks so much for the linky and for the cute freebies :)

    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wanted to say this blog is in my best blog list on #46. I love your design template, exactly where would you download it through?
    los angeles birthday party venues

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where can I find the unifix cube patterns?
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  16. After booking our wedding for October 2013, Jeff worked endlessly to ensure we had the type of wedding we wanted; an amazing menu, and every last detail that made it feel like "our" special day.
    best nightclub nyc

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found out about this today and decided to join in on the fun. My first time ever joining a teaching linky party and I am super stoked!

    Here is my blog:
    shenanigansofaprekteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete