March 21, 2014

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. March 20th}




Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.








This Five for Friday is lucky to be here.. I bought a new computer last weekend.. and well, let's say I feel lost as I could possibly be. Windows 8 is giving me a run for my money.. WOW! It's different! I did go with version 8.1 which supposedly has all the kinks worked out. But, it takes me forever to figure something out AND then remember how to do it next time! It only has to get better with time.. right??! 







I have been working this week on a new set of math centers. I have been laminating and cutting and getting ready to use them soon. I hope to have them finished and listed in my store this weekend. I need to proof them one last time! 







It is "Dino Week" in our class.. but I hate to admit that this week has had so much other stuff happening that I am waaay behind. So, Dinos will continue into next week. The good news is that I am updating my Dino Unit as I use it and have added tons to it. I will be revising it soon too! If you have already purchased it then you can re-download it and get all the new and improved stuff for free!






Our 3rd Nine Weeks report cards went out this week.. This year is flying by. We are officially in the last quarter of the year. We have about 40 days left. This seems impossible. The days seem long but the weeks are flying by.






Two of our pocket chart activities this week are the Pirate Math Facts and Counting by 2's Fish

Both of these were a big hit with my little ones. 

... Happy Spring! 
The weather has been fabulous the last few days. I hope it is here to stay. {Boo.. you nasty, yucky, winter days!}

Link up below! Enjoy your weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Learning a new computer is hard! Best of luck!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your activities look so cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pirate!

    Your report card paper really got me thinking though.... with all this new common core shifts, have you heard anything about a unified grading system? It almost seems obvious that if we're all going to teach same standards, that we would have same grading system as well - right? I feel like I'm completing missing something, haha. We had your system in place years ago when I was in elementary school (18-20 years ago), but we have the 10 point system now. (90-100 is A). I'm not even positive firsties at my school get letter grades.... I think they still get S's and N's. so interesting! Okay, those are my random thoughts for today :) ha!

    I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will get much better with time. I played with mine the whole first weekend I got it and figured it out. It just seems so overwhelming at first, but hang in there- you'll get it and then love it too!!!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to tell you that I love your weekly linky party! I get so excited reading about all of the fun ideas in the classrooms. It really is such a great motivator for me. Thanks so much for being a great host =)
    Warmly,
    Kim
    http://domikiddos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a new laptop last month with Windows 8 on it. I am still fighting with it. Maybe if I download 8.1 I will not dislike it so much!

    ReplyDelete

  6. I am learning all about a new Google Chromebook - it is so hard learning new technology even when you are into technology!! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I switched to Windows 8 last year and have gotten used to it - it took awhile, but there is a way to make it just like the old version by pressing the windows button. Your centers look adorable as always! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for doing this!

    This is my first time being part of a linky party and I am so excited to be a part of it again.

    I am also your newest follower!

    Thank you!!!

    Marine
    Tales From a Very Busy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to buy a new computer. Sometimes my screen gets all fuzzy. I have windows 8 on my school laptop and it does take some getting use to :).

    Stephanie
    The Learning Chambers

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Windows 8! Not my favorite OS ever! :) We have that on all of our school computer and it has definitely been a learning curve, but with time and practice you will like it! It's starting to grow on me!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm envious you have a new laptop! A Dino Unit...how fun. My kiddos would really "dig it". I really enjoy your linkies. Thanks!
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought a new laptop at the beginning of the year and I'm still not used to Windows 8! I've always been a mac girl, but decided to go with a cheaper laptop for use at work. It'll take some time to get used to!

    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like those pirate facts, my boys love the pirates! I'll have to check those out. Thanks again for providing this linking party for us to better reach out to each other. Paula @ educating children with disabilities.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there. I was in the same boat as you with the new laptop. I was optimistic at first, but frustrated within a few days. My hubby downloaded a "skin" for my laptop. That made my pc look just like a normal computer that I was used to. Ahhhh so much better. Email me @ malocasc@gmail.com if you would like directions on how to do it.

    ReplyDelete